Friday 6 December 2013

We're teetering on the brink of 300 quilts today!

We're on the brink of 300 quilts!
 
Can you believe that last week I was wondering if it would be achievable to reach 300 quilts by Christmas, and as of yesterday, just one week later, we are only one quilt short of the goal. 299 quilts! What a massive achievement!

We have had some stunning quilts donated from all over the country, but this week most have come from our state. We have also had some lovely donations of money to buy backings, thread for sewing an quilting and a whole roll wadding! These go a long way towards finishing the many quilt tops we have been given.
 
At this stage, we have enough quilt tops to go on with for quite some time. If you were thinking of send us a top only, please know that it may not get finished in time for the appeal. We will try our very best, but there are a lot of tops to get through now. Preference will be given to tops that come with backing and binding, because they are quicker, and cost us less, to finish.

Don't forget to check out the updated Thank You page, and also the gallery. Here are a few of my favourites from this week:











Next week, I will be putting up another super simple pattern. I just have to quilt the 5 quilts I have here first, and cut out the tops ready for next weeks class, and piece the backing for a large top I have, and get my Hexagon Challenge finished (actually, that is started and finished). OK, so maybe I will put the post up anyway, because I think my chances of getting everything done are pretty minimal!

Yesterday on the Facebook page I asked for some estimates of the number of quilts by Christmas and we have 352, 400 and 500. I think I will go with 427. It's just a number I like. I don't know if it is realistic, but we will find out. Anyone else care to have a guess?

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment